SEO: The Importance of Hyperlinks and PicturesNovember 16, 2010
How Can You Make Facebook Business Pages Pay?November 27, 2010
Yes, exciting things sometimes do happen, and if you run your company successfully, a reporter might give you a call one day and invite you to their radio or TV show or just ask you a few questions.
Here are a few tips if you happen to get on air:
- Know your audience. Since both TV and radio are highly dependant on their audience, you have won if you know how to please their audience. It’s like with any marketing strategy – do a bit of research upfront, and find out who will be watching/listening to the show and what would be of interest to them.
- Listen. Since you are expected to provide expert answers to your related questions, first of all you need to listen and make sure you understand them well.
- Be up to the point. Give answers to the questions you have been asked. Don’t go too long about yourself and your company – offer value and interesting content for the audience.
- Relax & be yourself. In order to concentrate well enough, you need to be relaxed and take it as easy as possible. Breathe deeply and forget all the stage fright – be yourself.
- Look well for TV. If you got an invitation for a TV show, make sure you look your best – here you really represent your company in front of a huge audience.
- Be positive. If you speak positively, people will associate you with a positive image. If you complain, or even give it out to somebody, or make your competitors look bad, you will only endanger your own public image.